Informatica - Challenging job !! Provides lots of opportunities to learn and grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

"Challenging job !! Provides lots of opportunities to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly People, knowledgeable people
Awesome top management
Trust on their Employees
High Employee Retention rate
More commitment to customers then that any of the peers in the industry.

Cons

Didn't find any yet , but just wanna mention one small thing that compensation is same as that of market, could be more considering the roles and responsibilities handled by employees.

Nov 14, 2013 – Director - Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. Happy to know that you find Informatica a great place to learn and grow. Regards, Mathew

Other Employee Reviews for Informatica

1. "Good paying employer"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

0) Good place to learn
    1) Informatica takes care of its employee well, good team building activities outings like out of country kick-off/ team lunch/dinner etc.
    2) Fair salary and also a decent hike each year in India (comparative to others).
    3) Free food and snacks that includes juices etc.
    4) Beers are included in menu wherever you go for outings :)
    5) Quite different and very good from other employers as per India standards.

Cons

I believe a company has no individual identity, it is recognized by it's employee specially managers.

0) No onsite opportunities, only 2 months assignment to redwood city in rotation wise, that means if you have 15 engineers in team, then next time you will get a chance is after 30 months (nearly 3 years).
    1) Only good place for R&D employees, for Support its highly stressful, demanding and pushy environment.
    2) Always late nights , mostly ppl reach home after 12 -12:30 AM in night.
    3) Strange to find that no transport facility for Support ppl atleast in rainy days , it's the only company i came across that doesn't provide this basic thing.

In short, excellent place to work in R&D, however not that good place to work in Support.

Advice to Management

All you efforts for employee engagements are highly acknowledged, however request you to please work on managing the work-life balance for Support engineers.

Nov 13, 2013 – Director - Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate you taking the time out to provide us your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve how our employees experience Informatica. If you have some ... More

2. "Good company"

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Open door policy.
    "Can do" attitude
    Nimble
    Great products

Cons

Very tactical sales focus
    Possible shift in value of people/employees

Advice to Management

Focus on lowering attrition and increasing value and productivity from existing employees rather than the "drop and replace" strategy that seems to be the latest trend.

Sep 26, 2013 – Vice President International Human Resources

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review - it's really helpful for us to hear your feedback! I would love to hear more about your concerns regarding our approach to our people: As you ... More