Information Technology Partners - This company is pathetic. There's only one mgr, the owner. If you are not a bobblehead, you'll leave or get fired. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Information Technology Partners

"This company is pathetic. There's only one mgr, the owner. If you are not a bobblehead, you'll leave or get fired."

Current Employee - Current Employee (Hopefully Temporary)
Current Employee - Current Employee (Hopefully Temporary)

Pros

The people at the edges are great, knowledgable, hard working people. The insurance benefits are good for a small company.

Cons

It would be a mis-statement to call this company an "organization". This company is disfunctional. There are no job descriptions or understood workflows. The guy from Battle Creek nailed it. I have seen it first hand too. Workers are over-worked and under appreciated in both recognition and pay (unless you threaten to quit, then you may get what you are worth.). Management is none existent because the owner does not allow capable managers to lead, so they leave quickly or are fired when they try to lead. Frustration is an everyday occurrence.

Advice to Management

My advice to management (the owner)... its not necessary to make every decision on everything in the company. Hire some competent managers, allow them to manage, and measure them on their decisions and performance. Also, take some interest in your employees. Provide annual reviews to your employees so they know how they are doing. And try some honesty. Your employees can see through the smoke.

Other Employee Reviews for Information Technology Partners

1. "Senior Engineer"

I have been working at Information Technology Partners full-time

Pros

Great company vision, Great product, innovative environment and a devotion to succeed. Engineering team is like a family :)

Cons

Distributed staffing model is harder to train and share information quickly throughout organization.

Advice to Management

Continue pushing forward, you'd doing a great job moving the company forward. I feel there are big things ahead for ITP as the company grows and develops.

2. "Terrible company"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer II

I worked at Information Technology Partners full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are lucky and can work at a remote site that has no Chicago ITP management involvement, it will be the only way you will ever have a chance to enjoy your work.

I had a manager at the end that really did try to help me do my best, she earned my respect. But her hands were tied due to management restrictions above her. She was an amazing manager, but upper management made her ineffective. Companies need more people like her, and need to let people like her do their job effectively.

Met a lot of brilliant tech people there. We all found common ground in our disdain for management in Chicago.

If you manage to become part of the corporate elite out of the gates, prepare to be the CEO's puppet. But I think the pay is really good for that.

Cons

Micromanaging CEO that only delegates to his chosen elite for real project work. If you do get project work, you will be micromanaged by the chosen elite. Your creative contributions will be typically cast aside to whatever the CEO wants instead.

ITP was kicked out of the site I worked at, and contract was voided. With so much management overhead, and no one to approve needed resources, it was a futile endeavor to be successful. When ITP upper management was not involved it went amazingly well, and we were praised by the clients staff

Never plan on a raise, they make excuses about the companies poor performance every year, except for the chosen elite, they typically get taken care of. You can get a raise if you threaten to quit, and they have no one to back fill your job. But they are constantly trying to keep people up to speed on your work so that they can replace you if needed. Plan on feeling like a number.

Expect a performance review. It gives them a chance to critique you, but not have to give you a salary adjustment. That's called a compensation review, and no, that never seems to come up.

ITP functions mostly in reactionary mode, responding to fires, rather than making progress and planning proactively. Fires are how they make their extra money off their clients.

They have a lot of project managers. And now that I have worked with a project management office, I see that they never really functioned as project managers. They are ITP PR people for the clients. Many of them have no shame in calling you any time of the day or week to let you know that work is all that should matter to you. A few were very nice, and understood that they were functioning in an ass-backward way. The few good PM's found new jobs quite fast and left the company. That leaves you with the arrogant self important ones. Good luck with those.

They will call you to work when you are sick. They will call you when you're home with sick kids. They will call you when you are on vacation. They will call you when it's your kids birthday. They will still ask you to work. You will be addressed by the chosen elite if you don't comply.

Advice to Management

Remove CEO from day to day operations and cronyism with the clients
    Get rid of half of the project managers, and hire actual tech staff with all that reclaimed money so you can deliver something tangible to the clients