Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Infosys: Driven by Greed, Powered by Freshers

May 1, 2013 - Project Manager in Monterrey, Nuevo León, Nuevo León
    Business Outlook

Pros

You really develop Tolerance to Frustration working in an environment like this

Cons

1 - Super Unfriendly employee policies 2 - Performance grading is reevaluated by a commitee and it is based merely on subjective terms (i.e. How your superior likes you) instead of the institutional system. 3 - No raises. Delivery Head will not provide even a single explanation, even though we are constantly evaluated 4 - Career stall. Get ready to remain for years strapped to the same spot, having most varied excuses for not getting moved / promoted / raised salary. 5 - Job not matched to people skills / interests: You got very capable people working on filling up an Excel Spreadsheet for the rest of his career, and have unqualified people doing a poor job that would be fit for the qualified ones. If you ask to be moved, get ready to get frustrated. 6 - Poor middle management. Mostly conformed by unqualified people, there are very few managers who really stand up for their subordinates. Rest of them, they just play along and play dead. 7 - Deliver Head acts like another employee instead of acting like the Head of the Company 8 - All raises are only mediatic. I hear in the news that we got a 10% increase, yet I have seen none (and this applies to all Monterrey & Mexico Campuses) in the past two years. And when we got a 10% increase (2 years ago), that was only made for CRR1+ employees (who give their lives, both professional and personal, for the company). The rest of us, less than 2%. Which is ok, but newspapers say we all got 10%. 8.5 - The CEO likes to be in the newspapers yet it is the most elusive person to be found if you have an issue to be solved within the Company. 9 - Guys in India complain about having to be in office 9:15 hours. Try 9:45 hours daily in Mexico! (minimum). Talk about slave labor (yet, that is Mexican government fault, not only Infosys). So yes, no work / personal life balance. You have to be eternally in the company. We are awake about 16 hours, and we have to be 10 hours at work, plus commuting hours. You are left with less than 3 hours to see your family.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Sep 14, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good and I like it

Cons

No cons for now. everything is good

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

N/A

Sep 11, 2021 - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to start your career

Cons

There are no such cons

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Infosys.