Ingenio - Good company | Glassdoor

"Good company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

Pros

Good company with friendly environment and smart people

Cons

Not found any cons during my working years for this company

Advice to Management

Be more proactive

Other Employee Reviews for Ingenio

1. "using your real talents"

Current Employee - Psychic Adviser in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Psychic Adviser in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Ingenio full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

calls from wonderful people, great pay, you get to use your real talents. its not like in an office where you are restricted and judged till you no longer feel like a human. You can get monthly or daily pay in ach transfers, The pay can range from 300 a week to 1,200.00 a week depending on how established you are and of course the moon and the stars and the weather etc... :)

Cons

Sometimes you get clients that call and act like you are a walmart product. Not often. It is getting much better as far as the adviser treatment by the company, when it was owned by at&t they treated the advisers like criminals, but now they are working company policies out of that and into treating the people that make their money for them like humans. The money back is still there, but its not as easy for ppl to just rate you bad and get a refund. The new owners keep an eye on the refunds and make sure its justified. Listing fees can cost more than you make, you have to be careful with your listing fees and keep a keen eye on them to make sure you don't lose everything you earned for the day.

Advice to Management

You do not have a manager on this job. Just company policies to adhere by.

2. "Poor senior management"

Current Employee - Senior Telephony Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Telephony Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ingenio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, free snacks, free lunch, lay back working environment. Office is close to Bart and middle of FiDi. Overall good working environment if you don't care about learning and growing

Cons

This company used to have so much promises but with some key people leaving the company, it seems the company is in decline. CEO has no idea how to run the company - 2/3 of the company are marketing and admin that do no drive any values to the company. We need more good product and engineering people to build good products, but all the company does are invest in marketing and CS to "get more new users". And when the company doesn't perform it's the engineering execution fault. There are also a lot of distrust to the individual contributors--no more WFH even though most are productive.

Advice to Management

I would advice the board to get rid of the current senior leadership team. Marketing doesn't do anything in the past 3 years and the CEO continues to invest in them instead of engineering and product, which should be the life of a company ! Talk about wrong priorities to build a company!

Ingenio Response

Nov 4, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

I appreciate your feedback and am glad to hear you appreciate your coworkers (and snacks!). Being humble is one of our core values so I also take to heart your comments about my leadership, and ... More