Ingersoll Rand - Better to be a YES man if you want to keep your job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll Rand

"Better to be a YES man if you want to keep your job"

Former Employee - Machinist in Mocksville, NC
Former Employee - Machinist in Mocksville, NC

I worked at Ingersoll Rand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are competitive, good hourly rate, good vacation, overall the Company is great!

Cons

Don't misunderstand, Company = Good.......Management = A pool of Male Bovine Deification!!!

Advice to Management

Staff that has been in management here for more than 10 years have become too stagnent in their own ways. The managers are in dire need of an overhaul, it has become too much of a close knit brotherhood over the 20+ years of operation. This prevents the Open door policy from being utilized and many good Ideas are stifled b/c it isn't a management idea.

Other Employee Reviews for Ingersoll Rand

1. "Friendly environment, hard-working staff."

Former Intern - Project Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Former Intern - Project Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Ingersoll Rand as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people there are friendly and approachable. There was plenty of work to do and no cap on the number of hours I could work, though no one complained if I only put in forty hours every once in a while. Was offered a job at the end of my internship.

Cons

Corporate management sometimes got in the way of working and billable hours. The proprietary design software is really shaky and can be unforgiving.

Advice to Management

Incentivise the webinars.

2. "A very rewarding and life changing experience, that allowed me to share my talents with the world."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Vidalia, GA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Vidalia, GA

Pros

Benefits pacakage; salary; travelling distance; training; educational opportunities; job enhancement/enrichment; employee safety involvement events; incnetive programs; Plant RIE Events.

Cons

Changes in schedule; machine downtime; shortages of PPE; HR/Nurse's Station not available for 2nd shift; no hardcopy pay stubs.

Advice to Management

More employee involvement to know that HR tools work best for the employees; provide same services to all shifts.