Ingersoll Rand - Club Car has the lowest morale of anywhere I've ever worked in my life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ingersoll Rand

"Club Car has the lowest morale of anywhere I've ever worked in my life"

Current Employee - Manager in Augusta, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Ingersoll Rand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Club Car Pros: If you want to live in Augusta GA, you can work for Club Car instead of making the move to Atlanta. While there, you will appreciate the positive leadership you saw from senior managers at many of the other places you've worked before. You will also appreciate the work life balance you enjoyed before you started working mandatory Saturdays at Club Car.

Cons

Having to watch a once-proud company after it's been nickel-&-dimed" to the point of death.
Hourly workers are sent home frequently w/out pay.
Salaried workers are consistently working unpaid overtime because they don't have the tools or the resources to do their jobs well.
The only thing that gets done in meetings is back-stabbing and blame-game sabotage.
People are scared of senior managers.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on making the product cheaper - it's only resulted in more and more customer complaints and added headaches as staff attempts to react without spending any money to fix problems. Don't just ask your team what needs to change. Listen to them and give some thought to doing what they're telling you needs to be done. These are folks that are seeing the effects of your leadership in an up front and very personal manner. Take then company back to it's heyday - when Club Car made the best golf cart in the world. Profits and employee engagement will follow.

Other Employee Reviews for Ingersoll Rand

"Horrible Sector Leadership"

Current Employee - Finance in Davidson, NC
    Current Employee - Finance in Davidson, NC

I have been working at Ingersoll Rand full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people in the field. Field associates really care about the customer and doing what is right. There are still a few Trane people left that know what they are doing and care.

Cons

Senior sector leadership is completely out of touch with reality and frankly over their heads. Their idea of long range planning is next quarter. The sector is totally reactive and changes direction continuously. If we had a bad month (relative to a stretch forecast) then we start laying people off. You will never hear the work customer mentioned at that level.

Advice to Management

Think longer term than next month or next quarter. Constant reorganizations and reductions in force are counter-productive.

2. "An enjoyable experience to learn and grow in the IT field"

Former Intern - IT Intern in Charlotte, NC
    Former Intern - IT Intern in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ingersoll Rand as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management structure
    Ability to contribute to the goals and projects of the company
    Ability to decide what you want to work on and how you can contribute

Cons

I have to enter at least 5 words