Ingles Markets - good starting job for young people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

"good starting job for young people"

Pros

this would be the flexibility

Cons

the pay and the hours

Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets

"NEVER WORK HERE...EVER!!"

Former Employee - Lead Meat Cutter in Waynesville, NC
    Former Employee - Lead Meat Cutter in Waynesville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work for them for three years. Great for bending posted times, to fit a family life style. I was a Lead Cutter for them, so i made, some what decent money.

Cons

The Co's, D.M.'s and upper management teams are extremly rude. They act like your nothing and your not worth the time to have there.(Unless: You have 10+ years). Your department managers are spitefull back-stabbers and will throw you under the bus, to save there own a**. Everyone in the stores, from upper to lower management are unprofessional, gossip starting, kiss a**es. If you are good at brown noseing, sucking up, or staying on your knees, this is the job for you. I tried for two years to move to a different area and applied with other jobs, within the company. Not only did I not get any responses to any other jobs, I was told by my D.M., "I cant replace you here, sorry, I cant move you yet". I heard that for the rest of my time with them (alomst 2 years).

Advice to Management

Hit puberty! Grow up and stand up for your own. Let the employee know that they are needed, $.05 cent to $.25 cent raises, are not the way to tell us, "Good Job". To upper management: Your status at this company should not be based on, Best friends with V.P.'s, Golfing buddies, or My brother needs a job. Some (20%) have worked to get there, the other (80%) just friends with a higher up. You need to look at Sam's Club and Publix, for tips on how to succeed in a business.

2. "Great part-time job for students."

Former Employee - Cashier in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Asheville, NC

I worked at Ingles Markets part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers and management.
    Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Customers could be mean, but generally no complaints. Probably different from store to store.