Ingles Markets - not the best job out there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

See Most Recent

"not the best job out there."

Star Star Star Star Star
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Current Employee - Cashier in Spruce Pine, NC
Current Employee - Cashier in Spruce Pine, NC
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
No opinion of CEO

I have been working at Ingles Markets part-time (More than a year)

Pros

meet great people there. met my current boyfriend there. n alot of my friends there. were a big ole family in some ways

Cons

managers pick favorites. if you have a family emergencies n you cant find somebody to work for u your screwed....they write you up in a heart beat... nobody gets full time ever!!! the managers are blind we had the biggest pot head before she quit...she would come back from break reaking of marijuana.

Advice to Management

open your eyes..and see whose best for your company n dont let your favorites slack.

Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets

  1. "Great management, poor location"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Self-Checkout Coordinator in Greensboro, GA
    Former Employee - Self-Checkout Coordinator in Greensboro, GA
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Ingles Markets full-time (More than 5 years)

    Pros

    The managers are awesome. If you show them loyalty, they will bend over backwards to help you. I was in the Greensboro, GA location, and during my time there, I only worked under 2 bad managers. The rest were absolutely fantastic.

    Cons

    Greene County. I love where I was born and raised, but the work ethic of the people in this county is seriously lackluster. In my 7 years at this job, I saw around 100 people come and go, and 90% of them had horrible work ethic. The other 10% went to a job with better employees.

    Advice to Management

    Try harder to search for better employees! Other than that I loved you guys!


  2. "Overall a positive experience especially considering it is retail."

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Store Co-Manager
    Current Employee - Store Co-Manager
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I have been working at Ingles Markets full-time (More than a year)

    Pros

    Ingles has a laid back environment.

    Cons

    Unfortunately it is still the retail industry.

    Advice to Management

    n/a


There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets
There are newer employer reviews for Ingles Markets

See Most Recent

Work at Ingles Markets? Share Your Experiences

Ingles Markets
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or