Ingles Markets - not that great | Glassdoor

"not that great"

Former Employee - Dairy Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
Former Employee - Dairy Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

Come to work late, talk to employees instead of working, go home sick. Management is a joke.

Cons

Republican company; managers don't listen; but they know all. When something goes wrong - s*** rolls downhill and it's never managements fault. Long hours, gossiping managers, 25cent raises, and no promotion from within.

Advice to Management

Listen to your good employees, the ones who come to work on time and get the job done. The ones who do as told and help the customer. Too many managers are hiring friends, not employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Ingles Markets

1. "qwerty"

Current Employee - Cashier in Bremen, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Bremen, GA

Pros

awesomeness in a bag, thats all i have to say, once you start to work ith ingles, you'll never want to quit

Cons

it can be lonely at times, and some poeple look down at me for working here, but its not my fault no-one ever gave me the opportunity to do something wiht my life!

Advice to Management

when i remember my time spent at ingles, i think, now theres a good hippo... i think i will name him george

"Odd working environment"

Former Employee - Cashier in Chatsworth, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chatsworth, GA

Pros

Flexible part time hours. Enjoyed the interaction with customers. If you like to meet and greet the public this is a great opportunity.

Cons

Instead of using any positive reinforcement to encourage performance employees are threatened with dismissal over minor things. Be prepared to be hired for one job then switched from position to position at the whim of whatever the current store management wants. In three years we had 3 different management teams.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as adults. Some of us work because we have to. Not all of us are kids looking for a part time job to lay out of, some us us actually enjoy working, and can become a loyal employee and a benefit to the local store. However, it's difficult to be a loyal employee when store meetings turn into termination threats instead of helping us do our jobs.