Ingram Micro - OK In this bad environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ingram Micro

"OK In this bad environment"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
Current Employee - Business Development Manager

Pros

A paycheck, good people to work with, opportunity for advancement and good travel benefits. I think my boss listens to me, but not sure they hear him above.

Cons

Dog eat dog business, only as good as your last sale or client. Hard quotas and little support sometimes from marketing and the top dogs.

Advice to Management

Get rid of quotas, give out spontaneous rewards, realize the market is down and employees need a life too. Give out more bonuses.

Other Employee Reviews for Ingram Micro

"Demanding yet satisfying...for the most part."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Williamsville, NY

Pros

The people. Many Ingram employees are seasoned and have worked there for 10,15 or 20+ years. There is a ton of experience within those walls. The commaraderie is excellent and I have found that the majority of people are willing to help and share information if it will assist a fellow employee.

Cons

The company sometimes doesn't value the level of knowledge and experience some of the "old-timers" bring.... they are the first to go when a RIF occurs. Many times there are not adequate backup plans in place to account for that function/person when they are gone. This leaves the "survivors" scrambling with minimal help and unecessary stress. For a technology company, projects and enhancements to the computer systems take way too long and the budget for those enhancements is slim to none.

Advice to Management

Take the time to understand fully what the functions under your domain are responsible for/handle and understand the consequences before making decisions on whether they should be eliminated.

"Fortune 100 For A Reason"

Current Employee - APEX Support Administrator in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - APEX Support Administrator in Williamsville, NY

Pros

I know it's a cliche, but there really is a good working atmosphere amongst employees. It varies from department to department but my desk really treated us well with outside of work activities. Little perks here and there help too. Take this with a grain of salt, though. I'm just coming out of college and this is my first "real" job, so I'm easily impressed.

Cons

Top level management isn't always straight forward with us. There seems to be a disconnect between the Buffalo and Santa Ana offices.

Advice to Management

Just give it to us straight. We're adults, we can take it. Otherwise keep up the good work.