Employee Review

Former Employee

Sr. Marketing Manager

Apr 27, 2015 - Senior Marketing Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll meet lifelong friends here. You'll also learn as much about the business as you desire. Opportunity to build great connections in the industry. Benefits package is pretty good comparatively speaking. You can move up fast in the lower levels if you work hard.

Cons

I spent many years at Ingram Micro. I truly enjoyed most of my time there. Unfortunately over the past few years the company has really gone down hill. The politics are out of control. I really don't understand (and I don't think most do) why they got rid of some great executive leadership, but kept others that already have problems with their ethics and reputation. HR actively protects bad leaders by pushing out employees with trumped up charges. Basically, they don't have the courtesy of laying you off if they can fire you over a minor grievance such as taking a personal call at work). The marketing department is now full of executive leadership that refuses to deal with problems that have existed for many years. If you dare question why these issues aren't addressed or if you even provide an alternative idea, you are placed on the naughty list. The middle management of the department specifically tells their staff to not voice complaints to upper management. The executive management team in marketing has lost almost all respect from their fellow IM execs. I don't think marketing has launch one major program that was priced for the market or launched on time. This results in low trust from the vendors and cross functional teams like sales and vendor management. But they will continue to produce low value/high cost programs because they value margin above all else.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to start a Career

May 16, 2022 - Inside Sale Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Great team. Awesome Incentives and Helpful team.

Cons

End of Q and month you have to work after work hours.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

A Great Place to Work

May 1, 2022 - Global Real Estate Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is positive and supportive of workers. flexible work environment and managers who take good care of staff. Long hours but HR helps ease the burden by creating seminars, arranging food trucks and generating fun activities to break the routine. Management is supportive.

Cons

As with many other companies, there is little room for upward mobility; salary increases do not keep pace with ever-growing company earnings; we get the feeling that although revenues and profits grow yearly, out salary / benefits package do not keep pace with inflation.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Ingram Micro.