Initiative - Best place to start a career in media! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Initiative

"Best place to start a career in media!"

Current Employee - Search Specialist in New York, NY
Current Employee - Search Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Initiative full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, PTO, positive team environment, good work-life balance, 4 summer days off of your choice, great clients, and my personal favorite is a week off in December for the holidays!!

Cons

Average entry level salary common for media agencies, changes in company have increased confusion, not the best initial training depending on the position!

Advice to Management

Promote from within, you have a lot of talented employees that have the ability to fulfill the needs of higher positions!

Other Employee Reviews for Initiative

"Embarrassingly unprofessional and incompetent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Initiative full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No positives to working at Initiative. None whatsoever.

Cons

Even on the highest grossing accounts the leadership is shockingly unprofessional, completely oblivious to innovation and severely under-educated. The worst part is probably the incompetence in management - hours were terrible even though we had about 10 people on our team (I think I made below minimum wage when all the overtime was factored in), every large project was left to the last minute with no structured or helpful instruction, etc. Lastly, and probably most abhorrently, I was continually harassed by a superior (once sexually) and management did nothing to address the situation. So Initiative is pretty much career hell on earth. Go anywhere else.

Advice to Management

If I was IPG I would divest all interests in Initiative - rebrand and clean house. Take the few capable middle and upper managers and completely start over. And then poach from credible agencies with large incentive packages.

"Not intellectually stimulating and lots of stories to fit analysis (instead of numbers to prove stories)"

Former Employee - Entry Level
    Former Employee - Entry Level

I worked at Initiative full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Summer days. Pay time off,

Cons

People seem to be hard working but it does not mean things have been doing right