InnerWorkings - Lots of growth and tons of potential! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for InnerWorkings

"Lots of growth and tons of potential!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to grow in your career! InnerWorkings is rapidly growing and you have the opportunity to grow and develop along with it. The management team is open to new ideas and wants to hear them. You are given the tools of a robust training program and a hands-on leadership team who want to see you succeed. It is very exciting to be part of a new team that is growing so quickly and I look forward to growing with it!

Yes, if you are in sales, you are held to sales goals and are expected to build your own book of business. That is what it means to be in sales. Being able to build a book of business and be responsible for your own success was one of the things that attracted me to InnerWorkings and makes me want to stay.

Cons

Because of our rapid growth, we are tight on space till move to our new office. We are moving soon and will be in the same building in a new office.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the training programs and in building a strong culture.

Other Employee Reviews for InnerWorkings

"Misled on job responsibilities and expectations when hired."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InnerWorkings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are young and energetic. We go out for drinks after work, and the company will take us out if we hit our numbers for the month.

Cons

The position was presented as more of an account management role. However, for the year, you are cold calling other business. The quotas are exceptionally high, (VERY few people ever achieve their monthly quota) and you are disciplined when you don't meet your number. Since not many people achieve their goals, we are scolded as a group quite often, making the environment very negative.

Advice to Management

Lighten up. Make the environment fun. Make people want to work hard. Don't treat each person as a dollar sign.

"Every time I thought things were getting better they would find another way to let me down..."

Former Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at InnerWorkings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll meet some great, enthusiastic, young and hard working people at this place. I still have numerous friends I keep in touch with from INWK. I learned a great deal about sales, management, and corporate American. Most importantly I learned what NOT to do when if you would like to run a successful business

Cons

There was not one thing that satisfied me about this job other than the fact that you could take vacation whenever you pleased. Everything changes on a daily basis and you can not rely on anyone for their word. Management had gone back on written contracts of mine and the way they value their employees is at an all time low, even when you advance into middle management roles. They may tell you this is not a call center but you are being misled to the moment you walk in that door. The money they promise you will make is completely unattainable within the first 1-2 years. It took me about 2 weeks on the sales floor to realize that this company is not only unprofessional but also a disgrace to the print and promo industry. Upon acceptance of this job you will find out very soon that every person there is looking for another job elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Quit communicating to your sales reps like they are children when you are actually the children. I have never worked with such an unprofessional, disrespectful group of people in my entire life.