Innosight - Great up and coming firm that punches way above its own weight. Enormous opportunity. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Innosight

"Great up and coming firm that punches way above its own weight. Enormous opportunity."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Watertown, MA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Watertown, MA

Pros

* Most interesting consulting work around - nearly every project is about identifying or developing new growth for businesses (e.g., new markets, new customers, new products/services)
* Nature of consulting work leads to better work/life balance. You won't sift through enormous excel spreadsheets to create complicated pricing models... Also, travel is much less (at least in junior ranks). It varies by project, but average is probably 4 nights/month away from the office
* Enormous personal and professional opportunity based on firms stage: This firm is young and small (~40 consultants), but growing its size and profile. Everyone at the firm is able to contribute to high profile client work, to write (and get published in Forbes, Business Week, HBR, etc) - even the analysts have opportunities to write for these publications - and find opportunities for promotion

Cons

* Firm's size and age (relatively small and young) mean that there isn't as much structure and feedback as other larger firms (the McBainCGs of the world) have. If you aren't the type who is comfortable knocking on a partner's door and saying "I'd like to try X, I think it would help the firm in Y way, can we talk about how I can do it?" then you might be disappointed, and feel like the promised opportunities never materialize for you.

Advice to Management

Articulate more clearly the long-term career plans the firm has for its employees (e.g., if you want them to stay and not go to MBA, etc, lay out a path for them at the firm)

Other Employee Reviews for Innosight

"Experience at Innosight"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Innosight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to create real impact

Cons

Middle tier of the organization had many manager but a few eladers

Advice to Management

2. "Executive Assistant"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Innosight as a contractor

Pros

Great Company. They really take care of their employees.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Innosight.