Inovalon - This is an interesting and fun corporation but it offers no benefits and inconsistent income. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Inovalon

"This is an interesting and fun corporation but it offers no benefits and inconsistent income."

Former Employee - Site Review Consultant in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Site Review Consultant in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Great learning opportunity and very fun job! I really love the work itself and many of the people at the company including a number of the upper managment are very helpful.

It has been such a wonderful job and I was sad to leave. It is exciting to learn the technology and review techniques and it is very rewarding work.

Cons

There was an expectation for employees to spend their own uncompensated time in work related responsibilities preparing for the work day, uploading, downloading, emailing, etc

People were also expected to spend their uncompensated time reviewing feedback from the Quality Team regarding their work.

No guaranteed or consistent work; however it is perfect for someone who likes some flexibility and does not require a set income.

Advice to Management

Compensate people for their own time spent in the above activities, particularly reviewing feedback about one's work.

Offer pro-rated benefits and pay that takes into consideration the cost of living for a given area.

Use schedulers who are familiar with the region and attempt to maintain continuity of schedulers.

Other Employee Reviews for Inovalon

1. "Site Data Collector"

Current Contractor - Site Data Collector
    Current Contractor - Site Data Collector

I have been working at Inovalon as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work flexibility, training is good. Administrative work and training are done from home and work involves collecting data at various sites.

Cons

Salary could be better. Short projects. Sometimes not enough work even though a minimum of 24 hours is expected.

Advice to Management

Better salary for workers who receive no benefits.

2. "Slow to provide work"

Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder
    Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder

I have been working at Inovalon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom from sitting in an office all day

Cons

Took too long for them to schedule appointments..so I had to find other employment. However, they asked me to come back and said they were trying to fix that issue. I'm giving them another chance because I think I would like the work.