Inovalon - Response to "Love this job" etc by remote reviewer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Inovalon

"Response to "Love this job" etc by remote reviewer"

Current Employee - Remote Coding Review Consultant
Current Employee - Remote Coding Review Consultant

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Improvements in some work processes

Cons

Improvements in processes exceedingly slow due to several factors, some of which include outdated apps/equipment, having to justify literally every minute in spite of working on required issues beyond reviewing records; incompetence still exists in middle and upper management. In response to the statement re: salary - that depends on your geographical location and expectations of what you feel is your worth as a professional nurse with related experience both clinical and administrative. Which explains why a large, if not a majority percentage of reviewers reside in southern states where salaries are not competitive and never have been. Residents of those states tend to have no basis of comparison if they are only familiar with what the pay scale in their region, but does not speak nor relate to national levels in other states/areas. Those of us who have worked elsewhere recognize what constitutes competitive pay with recognition of professional standards and knowledge. A statement referencing a great salary does not speak for many who beg to differ.

Advice to Management

Fine-tune accountability of middle and upper management; cannot understand why some people still remain in Lead and other upper-level positions. Take into account a remote reviewer's track record and an overall "total picture" when that associate needs time to work on required projects such as completion of goals. Having to justify every little detail is stressful and demeaning. Give us some slack if we are meeting or exceeding productivity and accuracy and ask for some additional time to do admin work such as organizing info and updates - not seeking to goof off but to actually allow us to work more efficiently as the end-product. In order to keep up with day to day volumes of info while email crawls and documents take forever to open or load, we end up doing things outside of work hrs when this should not be the case. Caught between a rock and a hard place if one desires to stay abreast and remain employed.

Other Employee Reviews for Inovalon

"Less than optimal"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Good job if you want to work from home. I have worked there for two years.

Cons

The first year there was a massive layoff. As of today, May 17th 2012, there was another massive layoff. The layoffs were done without regard to experience, productivity or accuracy. Inovalon does not have a stable work environment.

Advice to Management

Exceptionally top heavy management, inadequate training and excessive shifting of employees from project to project.

2. "Stable"

I have been working at Inovalon full-time

Pros

Stable company, that provides opportunity newbies

Cons

top heavy management, getting bogging down with procedure