Inprov - Not my dream job, but a great experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Inprov

"Not my dream job, but a great experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Inprov full-time

Pros

Friendly and laid-back work environment, amazing snack pantry, opportunities for growth and "moving up"

Cons

Slow to change, lack of clarity/communication to the staff when there is a change, and no clear boundaries/roles.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to define people's roles. It will prevent a lot of manipulation and frustration amongst the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Inprov

1. "Great place to grow"

I have been working at Inprov full-time

Pros

They empower employees to grow, although it may not be communicated very well. I work with some very talented individuals in a relational atmosphere. Good benefits like matching witholdings, health and dental, vacation, PTO, yearly bonus. The owners of the company are very personable and passionate about what they do.

Cons

The workload can be daunting. I'm also very separated from project stakeholders, which some people may like. Sometimes the upper management has trouble communicating to the rest of the company, which makes them seem secretive. Middle management is overworked. There are times when we're expected to do what we're told without asking why.

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees know they are empowered to grow. Free up money to send staff to conferences with the caveat that they report back to the department as well as actively recruit. Ensure there is margin for middle management to lead instead of having to take on a full load themselves. Communicate regularly, even over-communicate. Not enough communication leads to gossip.

2. "The company has changed alot"

I have been working at Inprov full-time

Pros

There are free drinks and snacks in the kitchen.

Cons

The company has changed alot over the past year. It used to be that nobody here had a title but now we have VP's. Alot of the people who worked here for years suddenly quit and there has been turnover. We don't do fun things for morale as much as we used to do. When you first start working here everybody is nice to you but, once you get yelled at the first time you start to watch your back. We don't trust each other any more. And, the company isn't managed well so we don't know what we are doing half the time.

Advice to Management

You should treat your employees better than you treat your clients or you will lose them. If all your good people leave you'll lose business because, the work you do won't be as good.