InsideView - Good Company | Glassdoor

"Good Company"

I worked at InsideView full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the company atmosphere! I enjoyed going to work each day and didn't mind all of the hard work because they days would go by so fast. They expect a lot from the employees but also give a lot back. They were flexible with letting people change positions and build their careers. I also really enjoyed working with everyone at the company because everyone was really smart but knew how to have fun.

Cons

I felt that I was not paid enough and every time I asked for a raise they told me they would do it in a few months but never did.

Other Employee Reviews for InsideView

"InsideView - A wannabe company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at InsideView full-time

Pros

They used to pay well. Not the case anymore.
    Good office facility.

Cons

InsideView is a funny wannabe company. They 'want' to do cool things to showcase they are trying to be in the league of Google.

1. The first core value any employee who joins InsideView learns is "No Politics". Trust me, InsideView teams are full of Politics. The managers here are the worst I have ever worked with. They are either puppets or dictators.

2. Too much bias.

3. Even after working here for say 3-4 years you are still the same person. You won't learn anything new here.

4. if you are non-serious about you career, it is a good company to pass your time, do some politics and take good pay home.

If you are looking to build a career, better look out for some other companies.

Note: Don't even try to get into customer facing teams.

Advice to Management

Please stop your wannabe attitude and learn that you are not "cool". Please take out the "No Politics" as you first core value.

"Your satisfaction depends on which team you work."

I worked at InsideView full-time

Pros

Not much to feel good when compared with market.

Cons

There is a bias between feature and non-feature teams in engineering. Accountability, availability and process adherence like estimation, release plan, interteam collaboration practices should be common for all. However on the floor, only feature teams are questioned to follow it strictly. Other teams get a free hand. Feature teams need to integrate half-stable, not-tested code done by other teams still expected to meet deadlines. There is no accountability from such teams in delivering final product to customer. There are availability issues and they are not easy to approach either and still they are praised as heroes and pillars of InsideView.

Advice to Management

Don't ask feature teams to go to them all the time. Make them come to the teams, participate in product discussions and discuss about requirements. Because they work on core of InsideView does not mean they get exempt from such processes and just live in technical world. As of now our core value, customer is core means nothing to such teams.