Insidesource - Account Manager | Glassdoor

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

Awesome, high profile clients. Aside from a couple check-ins a month with the studio manager you have free range of managing your accounts per your own style... Whatever works best for you. You have a dedicated account coordinator to help with all your quotes, orders and scheduling.

Cons

High stress environment. You have some freedom but you also have a lot on your plate... In my opinion it's way too much. They expect an AM to wear many hats: manage existing accounts (full time job), take on new accounts regardless how busy you are, be your own designer and be your own project manager yet the company still expects you to meet a sales quota that matches the of BD executives. I average 15 clients... at a time, with at least 5 of them being very high profile that require a lot of attention , more than one AM can do. High High Stress environment.

Advice to Management

All clients are important...as well as your employees that keep them happy. Take care of your AM's. They have a very stressful job. Offer helpful solutions like interns to help with small tasks.. Let AMs focus on AM and not have them be designers & project managers and business development people. This is too much to handle to be successful.

Insidesource2018-02-08

Insidesource Response

February 21, 2018Manager, People Operations and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We have very high performing employees who do great work for our company. We truly value hard work, enthusiasm, and integrity in all of our employees. This is all really good feedback and something we’ve already passed on and our management will definitely look at the workload. If you have any concerns you’d like to talk about in person, our HR team is always here.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Place to work!"

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

Love how everyone is like family. CEO/CFO treats everyone fairly and makes you feel like family.

Cons

we moved over to the building next door and everyone is pretty cramped but its only temporary.

Insidesource2019-01-09

"Toxic work environment"

Current Employee - Designer in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Friday lunches. Free snacks.

Cons

Management here is really lacking. They show no respect and treat you like you’re just an inexperienced little person. The supervisors or the lead designers talks down to you in a very condescending way. When you make mistakes, they don’t teach you the right way of doing things, but instead blame you. There’s no support from the immediate managers, or supervisors. This company is definitely plays a lot of office... politics and plays favoritism. They will hire their incompetent friends that clearly can’t handle the jobs and fire the ones that actually gets the job done. There are no growth potential here and no raise. People here are hostile and unpleasant often fake. Playing the blaming game enables this bad behavior towards people. Especially the sales people, they’re hostile to the designers especially if we make mistakes because it effects the Sale’s commission or their “bottom line”. Working overtime 20 hours a week is consider normal and working on the weekends are expected. These are the days where we should be catching up on our workload. No work life balance. Just work you to death until they find another new person for these people to prey on.

Advice to Management

Please don’t delete this review. It’s honest.

Insidesource2019-08-22

Insidesource Response

August 27, 2019Recruiter / Talent Manager

Thank you. Your honest feedback is valued and appreciated. We care immensely about having a work environment where every employee feels valued and appreciated. To hear about your experience is truly disappointing. We’re currently working on rolling out management training initiatives to ensure managers at all levels are providing the right training, support and development. In the meantime, we encourage you to connect with HR to help address your specific concerns.

Discover more reviews about Insidesource.