Insight Global - Insight Global helped me to get a great IT job in the Minneapolis area! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global

"Insight Global helped me to get a great IT job in the Minneapolis area!"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Insight Global is a contracting company that helps place individuals in specific jobs based on a posted resume. One thing that I like about a contracting agency is that they do all the leg work for you initially. It makes it easy for someone who is currently working at a position and just casually looking for a better job. Instead of having to wade through the classified online or in the newspaper, they do it all for you and let you handle your other responsibilities as you normally would. They communicate well and listen to your wants/requirements. It was a very pleasant experience and I look forward to working with them in my new position as a Network Engineer!

Cons

You can potentially get paid less because whom ever they place you with is paying a flat rate for you to work there. Any contracting company always gets payment for placing you in a position. So in reality, if you are getting $25 an hour to work somewhere, chances are that the company is actually paying $30+ per hour of work that you do. Not a big deal, its just the way staffing agencies work.

Advice to Management

Please be sure to not forget about people once they are placed in a position. I worked with another staffing company that pretty much acted like I didn't exist and fed me a bunch of garbage all the time. BE GENUINE!

Other Employee Reviews for Insight Global

"STOP! BEWARE OF INSIGHT GLOBAL!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

- When you do a good job, they praise you
    - The management buys a lot of alcohol
    - You can expense a lot of things

Cons

- Low base salary
    - HORRIBLE hours, they say it's an "8-5" job but more like "7:15am-6:30pm"
    - You work with people right out of college meaning, very immature
    - Management dangle "the carrot" in front of you until you can't run any further, then you either quit or get fired and they hire another college graduate to do your job
    - They use and abuse you!

Advice to Management

- Pay your employee's more
    - More incentives
    - Treat people fair

2. "Great Culture, Great Opportunity, Great Career!"

Pros

Insight Global gives individuals a huge opportunity to be successful on many levels. The company has all of the tools in place to help you grow a career within the organization and make a great living doing so. There is also a great company culture that allows your colleagues to become your actual work family.

Cons

This is a highly competitive industry so it does take hard work to achieve your goals and outperform your competition. This challenge is what also makes the job exciting and rewarding.