Cover image for Insight Global

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Read Carefully

Jan 29, 2018 - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging position so you learn to work efficiently. If you do well, you can make a lot of money

Cons

Well basically it's pretty bad. This is not a "5 star review", the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because when I accepted the job, I didn't see the bad reviews so I thought this company was a good. Once I was about 8 months in and truly fed up with Insight Global, I looked at the 1 star reviews figuring I couldn't be the only one and people wrote pages and pages of true bad reviews on Insight Global. A person on average quits every 1.5 weeks(we tracked it). Some of the account managers are pretty rude because they are doing so well and think they own the place but not all of them are rude. When you put in your two weeks, they let you go on the spot and I didn't get my two weeks pay, even though in the agreement that I signed said I would receive 2 weeks severance pay. They sell you on the fact that you get a 10k bump in pay after 6 months which is BS because once you turn salary you make less because you can't work overtime anymore(well you do work way over 8 hours but you just don't get paid more for it). You really do feel like a number here. The company itself makes a TON of money every single week yet we had to pay for our own Christmas and boat party. One Sales Manager in particular is bad and he makes a lot of people feel very uncomfortable, including myself. All in all, I would not make this your first choice. After this go to the lowest reviews, If you notice, a lot of the positive reviews are one to two sentences long and the lowest reviews are paragraphs long. If so many people actually raved about this company like they( college recruiters and upper management) say they do, it should show in the reviews. I really have no problem with hard work and long hours. It's how they treat people that I don't like. Health plans are pretty bad and they only match up to $250 dollars for your 401K. $250 is 2 grocery trips..

828 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

IG Review

Oct 6, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Duluth, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good Pay -Nice Work/Life balance - Great Communication -Supportive Management

Cons

No matter where you go you will have upset customers but other than that I don't have any issues so far.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid this company like the PLAUGE

Sep 7, 2021 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only put this at 5 stars so it actually gets seen. When you first start, IG makes you feel like you belong. You feel valued, seen, wanted and it seems like a company you’ll work at forever. You’ll see people making crazy money and they’ll tell you you can do it too. You might, but what they don’t tell you is that you have to sacrifice every other part of you to even come close. Those fuzzy feelings you get when you first start slipping away as the months go on and you realize it’s all a sham and anyone who seems like they like it truly does hate it too and they’re too scared to leave themselves. Follow below for more….

Cons

Hands down the biggest problem with insight global is the culture. Pay and management are not too far behind from there. IG truly thinks their culture is second to none and they leverage it as their sole selling point of the job. They emphasize shared values and a workplace family dynamic with fun contest trips and office bonding outings (don’t worry they’re mandatory and you have to pay for these yourself). Truth is, all of these are used to disguise one massive toxic environment . The expectation is that you work 60+ hours a week then spend your remaining free time with your work besties and are shamed for it if you don’t do so. It’s considered normal to see someone crying at their desk or in a conference room a few times a week. Brushed off as “they’re just stressed” or “don’t worry it happens to everyone”. Almost everyone I knew in the office was on some form of anxiety/depression medication or going to therapy as a direct result from the intense stress from this job. Leadership tearing down their own teams on a daily basis is normal too and labeled as confrontation and feedback. Don’t try to return the favor though, it’s very much unwelcomed and seen as disrespectful. Management only cares about their own success and they do not care who they have to step on to get there. Anyone who leaves is labeled as weak or not hard working enough. Don’t worry guys they money could be worth it though!! Unless you’re the top of the top of the company expect to be paid less than your local hourly grocery store worker. Overall, this job is absolutely not worth any incentive they dangle in front of you. If you’re looking for a stable work environment, trust me when I say this is not for you.

Continue reading
    134 people found this review helpful

Insight Global Response

Manager of Culture & Branding

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Here at Insight Global, one of our shared values is that “We Take Care of Each Other.” Part of taking care of each other is ensuring that we act in a professional and respectful manner towards one another. In line with this, Insight Global is also committed to providing all of its employees a safe and professional work environment[, and takes allegations of this type very seriously]. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive culture by fostering an environment that ensures people from all backgrounds, cultures, and perspective have equal opportunities to succeed and grow. We would love to hear your suggestions on how you believe Insight Global can further improve our diversity and inclusion efforts. Please reach out to divercitycouncilcommunication@insightglobal.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

Discover more reviews about Insight Global.

Insight Global Careers

Cover image for Insight Global

Our Culture Shapes Everthing We Do Our people, clients, and consultants matter to us more than anything. We are driven by a culture of...More

• What Makes Us, Us