Insight Global - Insight Global is a great place to excel and be Successful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Insight Global

"Insight Global is a great place to excel and be Successful"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Insight Global for about 2 months now and it has been a great experience in every way. I had no idea what I wanted to do after graduation, so when IGI called me I took the opportunity and ran with it. It has been a great choice ever since as it is the kind of place where you are rewarded on how much you put into it. You really hit the ground running and do training on the fly which helps you to quickly adjust and learn how things are done. Once you get a hang of it, you sprint through the day and crush your numbers, making the day fun, quick, and challenging. If you can keep up and do the work, it is one of the most rewarding places to work. Not only can you be promoted within 6 months, once you are in sales, the commission structure is uncapped, so essentially if you kill it, you are extremely well rewarded. Our Account Managers are some of the best payed sales people in the industry. It is a great enviornment where everyone is very enthusiastic, helpful, and upfront. Very much a workhard play hard mentality. Everyday is a sprint, loud, and overall very rewarding when you are able to help someone land a job. Definitely a great place to start your career.There is a lot of room to grow and we are expanding everyday.

Cons

It's a lot of hard work so if youre not ready to hit the ground running you will be in for an awakening. We sprint though our days and take pride in how hard we work, so a lot of people are disheartened by this. You cant be shy or tentative but someone who looks at work as a challenge and compete. While it is a work hard play hard attitude, we definitely come to work with a no excuse attitude and are expected to do a lot, but if you can knock it out, you will be fine. Long hours too.

Advice to Management

Not much, management is very open and accessible, if you ever need to talk to them, theyre availble. If youre not doing a good job you will know and that type of upfront attitude helps a lot in this company.

Other Employee Reviews for Insight Global

1. "recruiter 1"

Pros

it was a good young atmosphere

Cons

the work hours aren't what they seem

"Down Fall Of Contractors - Naperville/Warrenville, IL"

Former Contractor - Tier I/Tier II POS Support in Warrenville, IL
    Former Contractor - Tier I/Tier II POS Support in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Insight Global as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

1) I got out of the contract, you can too. There's better offers out there, keep looking and use other interviews as a bargaining chip. If Insight Global really wants you, they will pay you what you are worth.

2) Insight Global has lost it's edge as the primary contract holder for this site and is now forced to compete with other vendors for filling positions.

Cons

1) During the transition of the hiring of contractors in the middle of 2011, the Resource Manager at this location released rough 6 contractors in Tier 1 (with little to no warning placing these contractors on the street with nothing lined up) due to the fact that five (5) Tier 2 contractors were hired in as regular employees as Tier 1 and were able to resolve 30% more calls.

2) The Account Manager and Resource Manager literally told myself that there forcing ALL of the Tier 2 contractors down to Tier 1 regardless of tenure or skill set. Low and behold, they kept one Tier 2 agent and forced him to the over night shift or be released from contract (aka: fired). That contractor took the overnight position until he moved on to another position shortly after going to overnights. I went down to Tier 1 and took and overnight shift to avoid the remaining political wreckage. The Resource Manager was baffled and wondered why I took the over night shift. Needless to say, I left as well shortly after. Several contractors ended leaving for better positions within the four month period when this all came down. Also, several regular employees left for better positions too.

3) Don't expect a raise from the Account Manager or Resource Manager, they won't give up their commission for you and their client will turn them down.

4) Be expected to offer the client's survey every single call and be threatened by the Account Manager and Resource Manager with your job.

5) There was a training class that went through the entire training and were handed the schedules to choose from. Within 5 minutes the entire training class quit and walked. The recruiters never explained to them the expectations of the scheduling and the Account Manager never followed through with the scheduling process.