Insight - A great journey with opportunities to learn and contribute | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Insight

"A great journey with opportunities to learn and contribute"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Insight has gone through many changes in the past 13 months. To stay relevant to clients and how partners go to market, it is important to stay nimble and relevant. There has been clear guidance and support as we have built new sales methodologies and processes to change conversations with our clients. We have many avenues to turn for support or instruction. Aside from the size, Insight continues to post quarter over quarter gains while increasing the sales force by 30 new employees a QTR. I feel that my contributions are valued and my voice is heard.

Cons

People unwilling to change as we grow and shift with our clients. Many of the legacy employees that have built a career on fulfillment are not as keen or open to changing direction. They need to do a better job of not letting rumors or bad attitude spread among the other employees. Insight also needs to re-evaluate the insurance carrier they use to today. Ameriben is by far one of the worst providers I have ever dealt with. Prices are ridiculous and coverage is spotty.

Advice to Management

Insight is building a culture of high performance. In this they need to make swift decisions on letting average or poor performance not affect those willing to contribute. When I read the posts on this board, it is evident that you have either people who were not willing to change and grow with new direction, or simply were average or below average performers. It is a shame that more people that are making great strides or money within the company are not posting reviews on Glassdoor. My guess is we are busy making money and enjoy the perks of the job. Not as much free time to bash on those around me. ( I have been with the company 10 years)

Other Employee Reviews for Insight

1. "Interesting"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Growing field, opportunity to learn a little about a lot of products and services in the IT industry.

Cons

Too much turmoil, change in management and senior roles.

Advice to Management

Develop mentorship program to limit turn over.

2. "One senior management mistake after another"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Plano, TX

Pros

Was part of the software company. This represents the most successful of Insights Operations, they were acquired by Insight in 2006. Even though they have been diminished by poor leadership and many, many, many people leaving or being let go it is still a very strong organization with a lot of 1st class talent and people who are driven to succeed. There is still good work to do in IT for these guys, but beware, as time has gone on it has become a churn and burn kind of shop. You can still get good job experience working here.

Cons

It has been 5 years of constant big campaigns and promises with very little good execution on anything. They tend to be overly bureaucratic about everything, the individual contributor barely exists in the eyes of top management and most managers below the VP level have almost no authority to do much of anything other than just try to keep morale up. They have replaced virtually all of the top executives in the company within the last 2 to 3 years with very little if any improvement in the morale situation company wide. The culture from the main office in Tempe continues to drive the overall culture of this multi national company which is a real shame. Ken Lamneck looks to be a 1st rate CEO but the old culture of the company is extraordinarily resistant to any kind of change and it is questionable whether he will really be allowed to change and move the company forward the way it needs to be.

Advice to Management

Realize that individual contributors in the organization actually matter, this is a service and high touch business primarily. The bureaucratic management style is stifling the abilities of the people you have working for you. Fix the culture, the Tempe culture is a little too paranoid and intimidated by the pace of work that is going on in large corporate America these days. Stop appealing to their fears and help them move forward into the future.