Insight - Nice people for the most part. C-levels were very communicative of company direction and goals. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Insight

"Nice people for the most part. C-levels were very communicative of company direction and goals."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Plano, TX
Current Employee - IT Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great communication from C-Levels. Employees knew where the company was heading or they were not paying attention.

Cons

Not yet a global company. EMEA still acted as a separate entity making their own decisions, implemented seperate CRM. The integration of some of the prior companies were in process by had not taken place. Many of the industry standard processes you would have thought would have been in place was not the case. Did not always feel contributuions were appreciated.

Advice to Management

Great companies are determined by their level of service not the commodity products they sell. People provide those services not the products.

Other Employee Reviews for Insight

"Used to be good"

Former Employee - Manufacturer Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Manufacturer Sales Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Your coworkers are amazing, the only reason why I stayed so long. It paid the bills as long as I was being bonused, but if you specialize in a declining category and you're given growth goals guess what happens? You learn to live off your slim base salary.

Cons

People with no managerial experience are hired as managers. They make decisions that they really don't understand and they are not the ones that have to deal with the fall out due to those. They don't take the time to learn the business and it can be very frustrating for those who are in the day to day grind. I also had a manager prevent me from putting in for a promotion when there were no grounds to do so. When the person that was supposed to guide me and help build me instead destroyed me, after almost a decade at a place I once loved and never dreamt I would leave; I knew it was time to move on.

Advice to Management

Hire managers because they have real world experience, not fancy degrees. Pay attention to NBD data and give realistic goals. If someone knows there is absolutely no way they can hit their quotas, they won't be motivated to work harder because what is the point? Give them something achievable and they will work harder for it.

2. "The last time I worked with insight was fun I worked with some great people"

Pros

Pay is a little above median

Cons

When the project is over....game over

Advice to Management

Keep the good people so you dont reinvent the wheel every project