Insight - Constant change, no consistency in vision, concerning future overall | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Insight

"Constant change, no consistency in vision, concerning future overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Specific roles have work from home options.

They are big on easy wins such as recurring 'take your dog to work day' and 'wear your favorite sports jersey' which helps build morale & enthusiasm for some who care about pets or sports.

Cons

Company vision and path is consistently changing, yet they never give anything enough time to work/not work. It's similar to test driving a car, only with a public company. The change results in confusion, no career opportunities (lots of promise, nothing ever on paper), inconsistent salary (especially in commission based roles), and a very strong lack of morale.

Mid level management has the ability to make/break your role and upper management fully allows this. So depending on your team, you may encounter great flexibility and trust or be micro managed.

Benefits continue to become worse. They focus on things such as a health center within your office yet medical coverage is poor and has been a deciding factor in some employees leaving the company.

Work/life balance is non-existent. You are expected to work nights/weekends on a regular basis. Everyone wants to be a team player and step up when needed, but when this becomes the expectation from management you quickly burn out. Also, you aren't ever recognized or rewarded for these efforts and are forced to prioritize yourself, often at the cost of your reputation.

Advice to Management

Please focus on the people. Don't just talk, but actually follow through and listen. Yes, we all realize numbers are extremely important but without good people you don't stand a chance at making them. Don't treat people as cogs in a wheel, because they will go elsewhere with a sour taste in their mouth & do well with a competitor. This creates a downward spiral in a business where word of mouth is key.

Other Employee Reviews for Insight

"Good Start - Uncertain Future ?"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of Free Training and company is willing to pay for training travel expense. Training is @ manufacturer's cost.

Cons

Uncertainty - not sure what will happened to me after a year even after 6 months. They aren't the best as far as base salary/compensation compared to the other VARs

Advice to Management

Report to the right manager - just don't put bodies to any manager. Manager should look at the employee welfare than just the bottom line - billable hours

"awful"

Former Employee - Teir 2-Service Desk Analyst in Bloomingdale, IL
    Former Employee - Teir 2-Service Desk Analyst in Bloomingdale, IL

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people i was in the trenches with were the reason i stayed so long

Cons

every management post tends to be occupied by an employee who is incompetent to carry out its duties. work is accomplished by lower level employees. Lower level employees must manage upwards. lower level employees that outshine superiors are frowned upon in his establishment.

I had six bosses. Six. So that means that when I made a mistake, I had six different people coming by to tell me about it. When I started i was gung ho about using my talent and experience to help turn around a struggling department. By the time "my position was eliminated" my only real motivation was not to be hassled, that and the fear of losing my job. But you know, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired. In the end of course I was let go by people who had no idea what the words managed services mean after the company lost 3 major accounts.

Thankfully, the client I served as a team lead for and who knew my work better then my employer, had not renewed their contract and offered me a position the minute i was available. Insight is a short sighted company with a HUGE turnover rate in management. Good place holder job but dont stay long