Insight - Poor leadership | Glassdoor

"Poor leadership"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Supervisor in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team reporting to me did a great Job and was very hard working. The Technical team was extremely competent and was always willing to answer questions.

Cons

I was terminated from my position for “Performance” I was past 90 days and had no negative reviews or disciplinary actions. Insight does not care about it’s people that work for them and do not follow their own policy.

Advice to Management

If you are going to fire someone give them an opportunity to fix any issues that they may have but informing them of issues. Terminating someone with no documentation sets the company up for a discrimination law suit.

Other Employee Reviews for Insight

"No career growth opportunity."

Current Employee - Marketing in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Warm culture, always something fun going on. Bring Your Dog to Work Day, on-site health clinic, covered parking, onsite cafe, lots of free food and giveaways.

Cons

Salaries are below average, there is no career path and hardly ever any promotions within ones job. Management seems supportive but never goes to bat for you. Unless you are in sales, no one really cares about you. Losing the Insight Bowl also stinks.

Advice to Management

Provde career paths for employees OTHER than in sales. Actions speak louder than words - quit telling employees about all the great opps at Insight - show them instead. Put more money into marketing, add headcount, create advertising campaigns. Compared to CDW we are booooring.

"Good people to work with but value message to customers lacking"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full spectrum of solutions available for clients with strong service & delivery teams.

Cons

Guardrail to guardrail management tendencies with sales being pulled into many different directions, management disconnected with regional teams at times, comp plan/benefits are constantly changing.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people