Insight - I'd reconsider heavily! | Glassdoor

"I'd reconsider heavily!"

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

When you clock out, you're done and can enjoy personal life.

Cons

At Plano, TX office culture changed after Insight bought Software Spectrum. "Merit increases" were a joke. No way to move up or out from desk job.

Other Employee Reviews for Insight

"Misleading Company!"

Pros

Company talked a good game however once employed failed to live up to it.One they charge you 50.00 dollars every pay check for use of there truck to work for there company also you have to refill containers with your own water from home everyday.No money back for use of your water.Oh and they encourage sales but you have to police them for your commission if you get it at all.Also no one explains anything improper training and when it comes to your pay break down based on the jobs you did no ones knows nothing.They pay you what they want to pay you.This is just my experience. Basicly no pros. Morrisville NC

Cons

Everything that was said up top and more!!!!Sorry company starting with management on down.You work mon thru sat from 8 to 6 sometimes 7pm and still bring home 700.00 each pay period with no benefits or 401k nothing.SMH

Advice to Management

Close the company down.He that cant follow cant lead!!

"Go with Flow embrace change"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Solid baseline you can make a lot of money in sales but have to be willing to embrace change, you have to be willing to invest time to cross learn what services we do well and pull them into your approach t your client.
    Dont expect to have stuff handed to you you have to be the leader in your client relationship and to go to the right person in the organization to get the job done.

You have to MAKE the work/life balance, You make the $$$ you want to make,

Cons

Cons are in related to the pros, knowing whihc person to engage in tribal knowledge to get job done for client and insight.

Advice to Management

realign the floor managers, Our sales manager are just number pushers they do not add to the sales temas for the most part. Reps do not need a floor manager to go on site with them when the floor manager doesnt even understand what the client does.
    Remove the roadblocks to the teams, we are one company. insight did not survive the .com bublle Y2K and the crash in 07/08 withut the employees standing fast with the company. we grew this together.
    Make remote systems better.