Insituform Technologies - Great industry - on paper. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Insituform Technologies

"Great industry - on paper."

Current Employee - Engineer in Chesterfield, MO
Current Employee - Engineer in Chesterfield, MO

Pros

The company's line of business is noble - repairing and maintaining aging infrastructure. It would seem at face value to be a high growth, in demand line of business. Somehow the company never really manages to fully capitalize on the potential.

Cons

Pay is average at best. The engineering group is exceptionally inflexible from a schedule standpoint - unless it's the employee's time, that is. Employees are expected to travel on their time (weekends are best), stay in cheap accommodations, and eat as cheaply as possible, and still show up on Friday when their flight gets back in (and you had better schedule the earliest flight back in that you can). Comp time is unheard of. Company seems to be in constant disarray from a organizational standpoint.

Advice to Management

I don't have an MBA, so I'm not qualified to comment on management. One of the biggest challenges is probably to stop the flow of talented, experienced people out of the company and into its competitors. Insituform has trained the top people of practically every other company in the CIPP industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Insituform Technologies

1. "1"

Former Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Accounting in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

If you are in engineering, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Accounting does not treat or pay its employees very well and there is no room for advancement in the company.

Advice to Management

I know management never listens, but please consider what your employees contribute.

2. "Very difficult physically demanding Wet work."

Former Employee - Laborer & Catalyst Mixer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Laborer & Catalyst Mixer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Insituform Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, the company BBQ's and Christmas dinner parties were great. Everyone there is very approachable and we could all related to something within the company regardless of different roles/positions. HR is excellent! Fantastic company to work for and salary gets a lot better as you move up!

Cons

Too much overtime leads to working for free. At wet out you always tend to feel the amount of physical exertion put into the job and overtime that a sort of bonus program system should be in place especially when we surpass our goal for the year and have to hear upper management got 25k bonuses and up when all the Grunt work was put in by the Wet out crews! I don't think we got as much as a Pizza to celebrate our hard work and dedication to the companies vision. A simple showmanship of appreciation as the hardest working sector of the company would've gone an unfathomable way in moral boost.

Advice to Management

Increase pay for pay out! We deserve it!