Insituform Technologies - Needs work, but will get the job done. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Insituform Technologies

"Needs work, but will get the job done."

Pros

The people that work here are hard working and provide a very friendly atmosphere in which to work. This is also an extremely interesting industry.

Cons

Corporate overhead is too large.

Advice to Management

Think about the irony of referring to us as "Subordinates", when you talk about how we are a team.
It appears as though management has a "Don't stick your neck out" policy about desicion making. This does not work for a company that wants to keep it's position a leader in our industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Insituform Technologies

1. "Very difficult physically demanding Wet work."

Former Employee - Laborer & Catalyst Mixer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Laborer & Catalyst Mixer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Insituform Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent, the company BBQ's and Christmas dinner parties were great. Everyone there is very approachable and we could all related to something within the company regardless of different roles/positions. HR is excellent! Fantastic company to work for and salary gets a lot better as you move up!

Cons

Too much overtime leads to working for free. At wet out you always tend to feel the amount of physical exertion put into the job and overtime that a sort of bonus program system should be in place especially when we surpass our goal for the year and have to hear upper management got 25k bonuses and up when all the Grunt work was put in by the Wet out crews! I don't think we got as much as a Pizza to celebrate our hard work and dedication to the companies vision. A simple showmanship of appreciation as the hardest working sector of the company would've gone an unfathomable way in moral boost.

Advice to Management

Increase pay for pay out! We deserve it!

2. "Blatant Disregard for Safety Procedures"

Former Employee - Construction Labourer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Construction Labourer in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Insituform Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent starting pay. Subsidized gym memberships and 401K contributions from the employer. Equipment reimbursement.

Cons

Construction and transportation jobs are inherently dangerous, but reasonable precautions can (and are supposed to) be taken to minimize the risk of injury and death. Having said that, I am disappointed with this company for having the most blatant disregard for workplace safety that I have ever encountered.

The workdays are often long, and although this happens in construction, what is not acceptable is the practice of demoting employees for taking a moment to eat a snack or hydrate themselves after working more than 4 hours since their last designated break. I became seriously dehydrated while working at this job and became sick as a result.

I witnessed my team leader threaten one of his subordinates with violence for having used due caution when carrying out a dangerous procedure. Needless to say, threats like those are unprofessional and should not be tolerated.

Advice to Management

Stop protecting incompetent leaders. Create a healthier and safer workplace culture and actually listen to the concerns of your employees instead of stonewalling and denying the existence of problems.