Instart Logic - Great, Hardworking Company with Smiling Faces All Around! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Instart Logic

"Great, Hardworking Company with Smiling Faces All Around!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Instart Logic as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Lunch is provided on MWF, happy hour on Fridays
 - Great open working environment (windows everywhere, natural sunlight)
 - Great co-workers & camaraderie between them, people are always willing to lend a hand
 - Use of conference rooms is free to all
 - Right off the freeway (US-101)
 - Yes, there is a lot of work to do, but achievements (big or small) are cheered on by everyone!

Cons

It's hard to find cons, but if I must...
 - not close to public transportation (bus, Caltrain)
 - rare to see co-workers bond outside of work (most people just want to get home)
 - you will stay in the office beyond 5 pm, even 6

Other Employee Reviews for Instart Logic

1. "Need to use the right kind of visas"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engineers (many of them) are helpful and very talented. Food is provided and saves us the hassles of going out and spending time on that.

Cons

We are sent to Palo Alto on business visas which are (as per USCIS) strictly for business meetings and not for working from there. When we are sent there for months and work on projects, we have had issues with immigration the next time around and visas got rejected for other people of the company's India subsidiary because of this misuse.

Advice to Management

If you want people from the India team to visit the US office for more than business meetings, you need to send them on L1 or H1B visa, bot B1/B2 visas. With the new US administration the company is bound to get into more queries for this kind of visa abuse.

Instart Logic Response

Jul 18, 2017 – Head of HR

The statements made about how Instart Logic handles work visas are inaccurate. If you have any concrete information to the contrary, I request you to kindly share it with me so we can take remedial... More

"Hang on to your hats, folks!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative, cutting edge products
    People - talent, ethic and drive the best I've ever experienced in 20 yrs in the business
    Fast-paced, never boring
    Lots of room to grow, contribute, learn and earn

Cons

This is a start-up. That's not a con for me, but it may be for you. If you want career guidance and your hand held, keep looking. If you want to make your mark then this could be the place for you.

EMEA team is in growth mode and the time commitment can be very intense - you need to take care of yourself and know when to say no.

Typical EMEA >< US culture issues require maintenance - energy that could be better spent selling, implementing and growing business. Again, it's not something that needs solving, but it's a drain sometimes.

Advice to Management

Product, Product, Product. We very much hold the view that customer is king/queen, so get out there and get the customer feedback and keep the lines of communication open. We build trust when we delight, not when we surprise.