Institute of Reading Development - Enrollment Coordinator | Glassdoor
  1. "Enrollment Coordinator"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is top of the line - very thorough. The opportunity to make a very good income for a seasonal job is awesome. I like doing work that has meaning and purpose, that actually affects lives in a positive way. Also enjoy the interaction with people from all walks of life. Calls are inbound.

Cons

Don'the know whether this really belongs here, but it can get very hectic during the busy season. This though, is also an opportunity to increase income.

Institute of Reading Development2017-02-24

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Teacher - Summer Reading Classes"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with children and teaching classes designed to instill a genuine love of reading. A good summer job overall.

Cons

Actual pay and working hours were somewhat unpredictable as it depended on which classes filled up.

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.