Institute of Reading Development - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Former Contractor - Enrollment Coordinator in Novato, CA

I worked at Institute of Reading Development for more than a year

Pros

The Institute is a fantastic place to work. It is seasonal work as they sell reading programs to children for the summer. I think the sales season goes from about March to August. I have worked for them twice as an Enrollment Coordinator and enjoyed it both times. It is scripted sales and can be challenging, but the pay is decent, they provide great training and support, and it feels really good to be helping parents and children to read better. It is work from home with very flexible hours. Good incentives and commissions.

Cons

Biggest con is the the fact that it is seasonal. They have core full time employees, but the EC position is seasonal so it cannot be a year round job.

Advice to Management

Continue handling things as you have, it is organized, friendly and effective

Institute of Reading Development2017-08-30

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Teacher - Summer Reading Classes"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with children and teaching classes designed to instill a genuine love of reading. A good summer job overall.

Cons

Actual pay and working hours were somewhat unpredictable as it depended on which classes filled up.

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.