Institute of Reading Development - Great Company and Program. | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Company and Program."

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Troy, MI

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Institute of Reading Development is a remarkable company to be employed by. They offer effective training and support throughout your employment and not just at the offset. They are an honest and caring organization that have lasted as long as they have as an institution due to their scruples and mission to help people. You get a genuine sense that they seek to do good by their employees and in turn you naturally feel a duty to do good by them. The work itself is very rewarding for anyone with an innate streak of altruism looking to help others in their quest for literacy. I enjoy my remote seasonal position with the institute. It allows me to work in solitude, do something positive for others, avoid the burdens and frustrations of commuting, and live in privacy while still maintaining contact with other people. The pay is very fair with a commission structure that allows for a living wage for those that produce results. I have a background in sales but this position feels nothing like a sales position. This is truly the best "job" I've ever had.

Cons

I cannot think of one thing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Maintain the positive momentum, core values, and mission of the institute. Salud.

Institute of Reading Development2017-08-31

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Teacher - Summer Reading Classes"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with children and teaching classes designed to instill a genuine love of reading. A good summer job overall.

Cons

Actual pay and working hours were somewhat unpredictable as it depended on which classes filled up.

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.