Institute of Reading Development - IRD asks you to submit a positive review when the conduct their re-hire interview | Glassdoor

"IRD asks you to submit a positive review when the conduct their re-hire interview"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's an okay job. You can make decent money working from home.

Cons

Managers play favorites. Seasoned employees cheat and transfer calls that they don't think will close. They will capture the customers information just in case you close the call, so that they get the commission. It will affect your performance stats.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing experienced EC's to cheat the people behind them in the cue.

Institute of Reading Development2017-09-01

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Teacher - Summer Reading Classes"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with children and teaching classes designed to instill a genuine love of reading. A good summer job overall.

Cons

Actual pay and working hours were somewhat unpredictable as it depended on which classes filled up.

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.