Institute of Reading Development - Wonderful opportunity and Great Company | Glassdoor

"Wonderful opportunity and Great Company"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time

Pros

The training was very thorough and I received great support throughout my working hours. There is plenty of opportunity to increase pay through their bonus system. Absolutely loved being able to work with parents and prospective students in recommending the appropriate reading program based on levels and goals. Felt a sense of accomplishments and giving back to the overall community.

Cons

It’s only seasonal. Getting hired on for their summer session is very competitive.

Institute of Reading Development2018-01-02

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Teacher - Summer Reading Classes"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with children and teaching classes designed to instill a genuine love of reading. A good summer job overall.

Cons

Actual pay and working hours were somewhat unpredictable as it depended on which classes filled up.

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.