Institute of Reading Development - BEST WORK AT HOME JOB. HARD TO FIND A COMPANY LIKE THIS | Glassdoor
  1. "BEST WORK AT HOME JOB. HARD TO FIND A COMPANY LIKE THIS"

Former Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training was excellent and the staff is wonderful to work with. It is very difficult to find a legitimate work from home job but this company is honest and does what they say they will do. They help parents and kids that really benefit from our programs. Parents were very relieved that we can offer a service that really helps their kids.

Cons

The only downside is the seasonal position but they have a good reason. They don't want to interfere with kids school teachers so it is promoted during the summer months.

Advice to Management

Nothing everything is perfect but being asked back for the upcoming season would be my only advice.

Institute of Reading Development2018-01-09

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Teacher - Summer Reading Classes"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with children and teaching classes designed to instill a genuine love of reading. A good summer job overall.

Cons

Actual pay and working hours were somewhat unpredictable as it depended on which classes filled up.

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.