Institute of Reading Development - Sales | Glassdoor

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a work from home job.

Cons

Every con that has been posted about this company is true. The technology is old and difficult. The company is unsupportive when having technical issues. The management is rigid and does little to aid new employees in their development. The hourly rate quoted that salespeople earn is unrealistic. People were fired at a moment's notices. This was a complete waste of time on my part-time. Please consider something with better training goals and better systems. When start you will receive calls from areas that can not afford their products and these people are completely upset that they can not purchase products to help their children read and they know they are doing this.

Advice to Management

Come up with a new system.

Institute of Reading Development2018-02-15

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Teacher - Summer Reading Classes"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with children and teaching classes designed to instill a genuine love of reading. A good summer job overall.

Cons

Actual pay and working hours were somewhat unpredictable as it depended on which classes filled up.

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.