Institute of Reading Development - Work From home | Glassdoor

"Work From home"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development full-time

Pros

Work from home, with a flexible 7 day work week options (including two weekend days/month) schedule (you need 40h to make the said 20-30/h pay); quick training (6 days);

Cons

Use your computer and equipment; no benefits; all commission; short period of employment (March - July); want you to “study” all sorts of information before first interview without letting you know too much about the details of the job.

Institute of Reading Development2018-03-01

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Work from Home"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Bordentown, NJ

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible Schedule. Work Remotely. Great Earning potential

Cons

Not being able to track warnings8

Advice to Management

More detailed training on how to work with unhappy or uniterested customers

Institute of Reading Development2020-01-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.