Institute of Reading Development - Enrollment Coordinator | Glassdoor

"Enrollment Coordinator"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home so no expenses except the headset you need. They do well to work within your schedule availability. Interesting conversations with parents. Guaranteed $11 / hour and they pay on time.

Cons

Their Marketing Materials to parents does not prepare them for the tuition so you spend a lot of time trying to overcome the cost for 5 classes. The cost is actually very good for what it is, but since the caller has no idea it is hard to overcome their surprise. Metrics are hard to meet. You find a LOT of sketchy things going on by other ECs because they're trying to meet the numbers. There isn't any recourse to... them. All of your supervisors are overworked and wearing too many hats so there's not near as much support as they claim unless you're in the top of the sales team. Season ends early, so don't count on the date they give you. You pay back commissions for refunds so chances are by the end of the season, you made less than $11/hr. Hard to ever get missing pay stub or commission payment paper. Never feel valuable or appreciated even when you're doing a decent job.

Advice to Management

Actually have a punishment for the ECs who are creating multiple students under the FID or even creating a new FID for a family so they get the base commission. Work closer with your people. I essentially worked second shift and never got any additional training except for 2 phone calls in 8 weeks. Instead of hiring waves and waves of new ECs, focus on strengthening the ones you have so you don't have quite as many... layoffs to do.

Institute of Reading Development2018-07-03

"Rewarding & Intense Summer Job"

Current Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Personally, I loved working for IRD. Their employees were exceptionally friendly, and I found that all my answers and problems were solved quickly. This is extremely important as teaching days can be hectic. My summer flew by but I received many smiles, hugs, and fist bumps which made the stress worth it. If you have a passion for teaching and want experience in the classroom, this is a great job.

Cons

There may be a lot of driving involved, which can be stressful. I drove over an hour every teaching day; however, I was compensated after the 45 min. mark. I would have preferred to drive less and that was the worst part of the job for me.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my time with the Institute of Reading Development. In my experience, the management does a great job of caring for its teachers and therefore its students. I only wish I could have stayed on longer!

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-24
  2. "Teacher - Summer Reading Classes"

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with children and teaching classes designed to instill a genuine love of reading. A good summer job overall.

Cons

Actual pay and working hours were somewhat unpredictable as it depended on which classes filled up.

Institute of Reading Development2019-10-28

Discover more reviews about Institute of Reading Development.