Instructure - Instructure motivates, empowers, and takes care of employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Instructure

"Instructure motivates, empowers, and takes care of employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Instructure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I always wrote off as impractical people who wanted to write open source for a living. I'm very lucky to have a chance to do it now, and to work with brilliant people and be compensated well. Instructure constantly works to remove obstacles and improve process; if you want to be productive, it's a great environment.

Cons

At a tenth the size of its main competitor, Instructure has to make a lot of hard decisions about postponing features. Customers like us, but are often disappointed to see their requests go unsatisfied.

Advice to Management

Our executives are brilliant and charismatic. If you can appreciate their openness and assume good faith, you'll enjoy working for them.

Other Employee Reviews for Instructure

1. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I worked at Instructure part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent environment, free food and weekly lunches provided. Work atmosphere seems professional.

Cons

Not a lot of cons to working here.

2. "An awesome job I feel good about"

Current Employee - L3 Technical Support Representative in Cottonwood Heights, UT

I have been working at Instructure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to work on canvas - the open source learning management system that is taking over the LMS market. We have some very creative and ingenious people here and we get to work on something awesome every day. I see what I do as beneficial to me, the tech industry and education and I find that very motivating. Instructure is the most agile company i've worked for - able to cope with sudden changes in the tech that runs our product and to do things quickly for our users. If you want a place to work where you will like the implications of what you do and you will like the people you work with - here it is.

Cons

Not every personality meshes, but most conflicts I've seen were kept professional. We have a 401k now, but I feel that we need more education/training investment for employees.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the employees that have proven themselves, In my department there is too much unnecessary turnover because we didn't have "room" to advance people. Try to bring folks into the fold quicker so we don't lose them to a higher bidder or a company that has room for the position they desire.