Insulet Corporation - Field Sales | Glassdoor

"Field Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Insulet Corporation full-time

Pros

Product is very differentiated. It will get selected even if nobody is selling it b/c of this differentiation. You can make decent money here if you just need a job. Good benefits. Product is what attracted me.

Cons

Now: Old School type management; 83% field management turnover; pharma-type management; A very toxic place to be. I'm looking to get out soon; everyone I know who is worth anything is trying to do the same. If you're thinking about applying, talk to someone who's been here longer than a year. It's a churn-and-burn company in a market dependent on long term relationships (doesn't match). The only hope is that treating people this way will catch up with them. Literally, if you try to voice an opinion, you'll be let go. If you're a good puppet or enforcer, this is the place for you because you will not be allowed to run your own business. Enforcing the countless new metrics is more important than thinking. No trust from the top down and between departments.

Advice to Management

I'm not writing this because I think mgmt will listen; I'm writing this as a warning to anybody thinking about coming over here. This place will not last long. Why would everyone from the same former company be hired when the former upper-management was replaced? Answer: because they brought people over who they know they can trust to fall in line and not question anything and for CYA. No morals; no values; you'll feel dirty. EVERYBODY is afraid to speak up even as they see the iceberg ahead. No diversity (especially absent is cognitive diversity). If you speak up or question, you're gone. Your merits as a manager will be based on how many people you can fire so you'll have an excuse for inevitable poor performance. No amount of money is worth treating people the way they want you to treat them. They put zero value on people. Everybody is replaceable, even if your #'s are good. More important to fit in and play the game. Toxic.

Other Employee Reviews for Insulet Corporation

"Outstanding product, comp plan outdated"

I have been working at Insulet Corporation full-time

Pros

Life changing product; relaxed work environment;

Cons

Upper management phased out Inside Sales and added that work to Omnipod Specialist. The amount of work has increased significantly but compensation is unchanged. Bonus is determined by metrics that are often unattainable.

Advice to Management

Make compensation a priority instead of an afterthought. Inside Sales/Omnipod Specialist compensation should be closer to that of your outside field team.

2. "Product Support"

Current Employee - OmniPod Product Support in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - OmniPod Product Support in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Insulet Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Training, Customers appreciate the help, Leadership is great to work for all the way up to the Corporate Level

Cons

Sitting at a desk on the phone all day, listening to people who have gotten very sick

Advice to Management

Either a gym needs to be added or the option to stand and work.