InsurMark - Good entry level job in to sales | Glassdoor
  1. "Good entry level job in to sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at InsurMark full-time

Pros

They invest time and resources for their sales staff.

Cons

When you first start you're initial job is cold calling financial advisors every day for first couple of years in hopes that you build up a team. Financial advisors receive hundreds of similar calls each day from your competitors offering similar services and programs. It's a hustle.

InsurMark2018-08-10

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Hard-working and supportive team environment with great onboarding for newbies!"

Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at InsurMark full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of time and effort was put into my onboarding to help me learn the business from the ground up. The employees are all very dedicated to their work, the company and each other, so the environment really does feel like a family that works together, has fun together and supports one another. The excitement for the future of the company is infectious, and Management is very hands-on and supportive to all of the... team members. I have felt welcomed and supported by the entire team every step of the way. Everyone here will go out of their way to help you if you ask.

Cons

It takes some time for some of the benefits to become available to newer employees, but I have encountered this before with smaller companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I have never seen a more hands-on and supportive Management Team throughout my career.

InsurMark2019-10-10
  2. "Work Elsewhere"

Personal Annuity Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at InsurMark

Pros

InsurMark recruits people directly out of high school/college, so it is easy to get a job with little/no sales experience. They do provide all of the typical benefits, but they were nothing special. I think the administrative positions are probably pretty good jobs, considering most of the employees have been there for years. It did teach me to be comfortable on the phone with people. There is an extensive training... program for annuity consultants, but the training is basically to teach you how to do one thing: pick up the phone and call people.

Cons

You will make an average of 100-200 calls every day. It's a call center and the job borders on telemarketing, even though you're not actually selling a product. The company operates as a middleman between large insurance carriers and independent insurance agents, so your job is essentially to introduce new products to agents. The problem comes when these agents receive hundreds of calls from companies like InsurMark..., all offering the same things. Needless to say, these people do not want to talk to you. Most people do not make it for more than a few months as personal annuity consultants. Management knows this and sees the office as a revolving door. I worked there for about 7 months before deciding that my college degree could be better utilized in a different profession, even though my "sales" were strong and I always hit my numbers. Commissions are capped, so true earnings for the first couple of years average about $40-45k, but most people won't make it that long. There are better jobs out there. Find one.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what could make this a better job. It's not even sales, since you're not technically "selling" anything. It's a call center. Maybe you should mention that during the interview. You might also take a look at how many employees you've had leave over the past 5 years and ask yourself why they didn't stay.

InsurMark2009-12-04

Discover more reviews about InsurMark.