Insurance Office of America - Cool place to work but you have to know your stuff to survive | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Insurance Office of America

"Cool place to work but you have to know your stuff to survive"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros

You work completely on your own, you can not fake that you know your stuff here as the brokers are completely out of the office everyday and you are there to service and take care of the clients on your own. Though if an emergency arises you do have access to the broker that you work for via phone. Your work speaks for in a big way. Also the company is fairly young so is the management as they really don't have management experiences. So you will encounter bumps in the road but if your looking for a place where no one is on you 24/7 then this is the place for you.

Cons

Management is out of state and sometimes things are not handled in a the proper manner

Advice to Management

Implementing managers with true management experience would eliminate alot of bumps in the road.

Other Employee Reviews for Insurance Office of America

1. "IOA Employee"

I have been working at Insurance Office of America full-time

Pros

I honestly love coming to work each day, performing a job that is helps better the company, and being part of such an amazing team. My team members are who/what keep me going- the laughs, the brainstorming sessions, the team work, and the fun events we hold (cake day!). I can truly say IOA takes care of their employees and the managers look after their team. I like how we can all sit in a conference room and discuss changes, what roles we each play as they come, what we can improve on, and the benefits we will see. I like being able to interact and collaborate with my partners from our offices across the hall and being able to get up and go visit other people in different departments just to say “hi”. The culture at IOA is uplifting, caring, encouraging, and relationship oriented. I have not found this type of environment anywhere else and recommend to anyone that may be looking, to give it a chance!

Cons

We all have a heavy workload, so it can be a bit much at times. However, there are many resources to go to for assistance and people there to help. Every task given, no matter how small, is seen as important so others will see that it gets done and done correctly.

Advice to Management

Devote more resources and create more management positions to help employees learn, develop and be challenged. It will be an investment that will that WILL pay off.

2. "Anonymous"

I have been working at Insurance Office of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is growing in all different ways and it's an exciting time to be working at IOA! There's a lot of changes but change is good and should be embraced by all levels of the company.

Cons

The negativity in some of these reviews are just crazy and clearly misguided or from a dis-gruntled person! With all companies there is good and bad, but if you work hard and want a voice to make changes, there is an opportunity for that! There are ways to make a difference.
    There are consistent workflows and a very smart, dedicated group of employees that work hard to make sure training is completed appropriately across the organization.
    Although IOA has a different producer contract and the majority of them are 1099s, however there is a specific line between the employees and producers, with different reporting relationships.
    There are numerous opportunities to advance, make a difference, assist in the community and work hard to service customers.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open, approachable for all employees and be willing to always learn and grow in a leadership role. Strive for excellence and assist your employees to reach the same level in their careers.