Intel Corporation - I thoroughly enjoyed working with intelligent, stimulating people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

"I thoroughly enjoyed working with intelligent, stimulating people."

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Folsom, CA
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Folsom, CA

Pros

In IT people were very experienced with at minimum 10 years at Intel so all knew what they were talking about and mutually respected each other and were enthusiastic about the project and working there. Security and access to needed data or information was the biggest pain as justification was always needed with sign offs by supervisors. I was allowed to build a dimensional model without any interference. My knowledge and experience was accepted.

Cons

Data modeling architecture is fiercely controlled with reviews. This is good but a painful step as the architects only know 3rd Normal form when the dimensional model is denormalized.

Advice to Management

It management was changed and the subsequent reorganization released all our contractors who were working on our project. This delayed our project substantially. Keep some status quo when changing until you understand the effect change will have on the on-going projects.

Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation

1. "My experience has been good but there is a lot of bureaucracy"

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

relatively good work culture and open to working from anywhere

Cons

Slow growth and you grow in terms of years not in terms of work you put in.

Advice to Management

Be open just because you took some years to reach where you are doesn't mean everyone else has to.

2. "Meritocracy This Is Not..."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Benefits are definitely above par, most managers are flexible about when/how you do your work if you aren't in the Fab. However there are micromanagers, if you aren't willing to stand up to them they will control you. If you have the right person backing you, you can move up quickly.

Cons

Intel Finance is not a meritocracy, they spend a lot of time saying this but it's not true. You can be the best analyst in your incoming class, but if you have a bad manager you won't be any where near the quickest to move up. Head scratching hires occur regularly.

Intel Finance also does not value individual talent. Intel wants cogs to fit into their holes, regardless if individuals have valid points or data supporting their thought process it takes a ridiculous amount of data to even get someone to listen.

Advice to Management

Get rid of a fair amount of mid level Finance Management. Hold people accountable, this is something that does not occur at Intel.