Intel Corporation - I thoroughly enjoyed working with intelligent, stimulating people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

"I thoroughly enjoyed working with intelligent, stimulating people."

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Folsom, CA
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Folsom, CA

Pros

In IT people were very experienced with at minimum 10 years at Intel so all knew what they were talking about and mutually respected each other and were enthusiastic about the project and working there. Security and access to needed data or information was the biggest pain as justification was always needed with sign offs by supervisors. I was allowed to build a dimensional model without any interference. My knowledge and experience was accepted.

Cons

Data modeling architecture is fiercely controlled with reviews. This is good but a painful step as the architects only know 3rd Normal form when the dimensional model is denormalized.

Advice to Management

It management was changed and the subsequent reorganization released all our contractors who were working on our project. This delayed our project substantially. Keep some status quo when changing until you understand the effect change will have on the on-going projects.

Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation

1. "LukeWarm"

Current Employee - Component Design Engineer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Component Design Engineer in Folsom, CA

Pros

Even though Intel has one of the best technologies and Process, the design teams seem to be definetly overstaffed, which means a better work life balance

Cons

High degree of heirarchy, and a huge workforce means motivation and push on individuals is less. From a personal experience, many under performing people have a safe haven with very less to no growth even with experience of 10-15 years.

2. "My experience has been good but there is a lot of bureaucracy"

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

relatively good work culture and open to working from anywhere

Cons

Slow growth and you grow in terms of years not in terms of work you put in.

Advice to Management

Be open just because you took some years to reach where you are doesn't mean everyone else has to.