Intel Corporation - Tough Culture | Glassdoor

"Tough Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Finance Analyst in Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - Senior Finance Analyst in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Smart people
Ability to work from home
Ability to design own career path
Competitive salary and benefits
Exciting product lines

Cons

Very tough culture
Continue to lay work on employees, stretching beyond limits
Significant opportunity for burn out
Biased review process

Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation

1. "It is hard work, but I love the pride I feel because of the cutting edge technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

It is a leader in its field, and is constantly innovating; it values the environment and has vast community outreach programs; I derive pride from the fact that we are 2- 4 years ahead of our competitors in process technology because of the hard work that we do.

Cons

Very small office cubicles, dull office environment that projects a feeling of miserliness on the part of the company

Advice to Management

Spend more on making the work place brighter, more cheerful; offer more freebies like Google and facebook, such as free food, on-site daycare, game rooms, pools, etc

"Its been a good experience. Exactly the kind of career starting job I was hoping to land after college."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

Cons

Advice to Management

The good: Just a very solid industry leading company. The base pay could be better but the bonuses are pretty good. Oregon is a great place to live.

The bad: Work life balance is there for some but non-existent for others. Not everyone pulls their weight. Not all teams work at the same level of intensity. Poor track record in hiring and retaining individuals from underrepresented minorities groups, though the company is trying to improve this. Both Oregon and California have high state income tax.