Intel Corporation - Excellent software engineering intern experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

"Excellent software engineering intern experience"

Former Intern - Undergraduate Technical Intern in Hillsboro, OR
Former Intern - Undergraduate Technical Intern in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was satisfied with pretty much everything (compensation, workload, work environment, etc.) during my internship. I think the people I worked with were what really made it great. My mentors were genuinely interested in me as an individual and in my professional growth. The work was challenging and engaging, but I had more than enough resources and help from coworkers to get through any tough problems I encountered.

Cons

Being stuck in a cube all day is a bit of a drag, though to some extent I think it comes with the job of a programmer. In spite of all of the work they were doing to brighten/open things up while I was there, I don't really feel like the office spaces are any brighter or more cheerful.

Advice to Management

I've heard some people complaining about compensation being on the low side for the industry. While I think my compensation as an intern was excellent, having a 30% income tax in Oregon really cut deep on payday. It might be worth taking a look at compensation packages being offered and making sure they stay competitive.

Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation

1. "Internship gives you great insight into company"

Former Intern - Graduate Technical Intern in Chandler, AZ
    Former Intern - Graduate Technical Intern in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Takes great care of interns. Excellent intern program. Gives you projects/assignments that contribute to actual work place issues. Given great autonomy on projects and decisions.

Cons

Work load is very much hurry up and wait. Often times you are not given all the information you need and people outside your group are reluctant to help/assist interns.

Advice to Management

Many technical managers do not focus enough on personal employee retaining. Individual needs to aggressively work to get full time offer in the group you want.

"Long hours and poor work-life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay for the location and job responsibilities is fair.

Cons

Expectation is for long hours and full time dedication to solve whatever the problem at hand is. Very poor work-life balance, especially for managers.