Intel Corporation - Had a satisfying 6 years of experience at Intel, Bangalore | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

"Had a satisfying 6 years of experience at Intel, Bangalore"

Pros

Intel can offer a wide range of career opportunities in the field of Computer Architecture, System Programming, Software development and everything in between.

Cons

Growth is a bit difficult in bigger companies and sometimes that can lead to frustration.

Advice to Management

Nothing much really.

Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation

"Don't expect to retire here"

Former Employee - Design Engineer
    Former Employee - Design Engineer

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sabbaticals... Every seven years you are eligible for 8 week paid leave on top of vacation. If your manager is nice, you may be able to combine it with your vacation time for a 12 week span.

Pay/bonus... When the company is doing well, you will get a nice bonus.

Free drinks/fruit for blue badge employees....

Quarterlies/team building ... I've been on some fun team building events which I wouldn't have done outside of work.

Some departments offer challenging work. You may learn alot depending on who you work with.
    There are some very gifted engineers that I worked with.

Telecommuting - I worked from home when I had personal business to take care of. You can just send an email saying you are working from home when you need to.

Cons

Its not a 9-5 job. You are expected to work long hours during project milestones. That's the double edge sword with telecommuting, since you're always connected. Also, they will buy you free dinner to work late at the office. That's cheaper then paying you overtime. As a salaried employee though, I didn't get overtime anyway.

Watch out for the buddy network. There are alliances which are built up and can cause you problems if you are not well liked by a powerful manager.

Focal process. This is based on 'perceived' contributions... like a popularity contest. As you rise up the ranks, you need to boast how great you are and get involved with a lot of things (even if you don't really know what you are doing) to show how much influence you have on the project.

Management is not always honest to regular employees. They offer alot of lip service when you voice a concern. They have their own agenda, which may not be the best for their employees.

Advice to Management

Change the focal process. It is not well liked and is subjective process.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Lots of different experts to reference

Cons

You can get stuck in one area.