Intel Corporation - Excellent workplace | Glassdoor

"Excellent workplace"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging work
Good team work, good pay, respectful, diversity

Cons

No frill benefits like free food,
Lower than competition patent filing rewards
Meetings

Advice to Management

Fix patent rewards
Reduce meeting overheads

Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation

"Great company in terms of compensation through the T-COMP program."

Former Employee - Silicon Validation Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Silicon Validation Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intel is a bell-weather company, and a stable company to work for. With over 100,000 employees you are guaranteed to be working on cutting edge computer projects ranging from smart-phones to tablets to client processors all the way up to server processors, and you are guaranteed to meet some really smart people along the way making sure you're not going at it alone.

Due to the size of Intel, they are really able to provide stellar benefits, such as a heavily subsidized health insurance program. 401k & Roth 401k options. Profit sharing, 2 types of bonuses.

Career options are plentiful, and many people are able to stay at Intel doing many jobs over their career in different groups while moving horizontally or vertically. There's a technical track as well as a managerial track.

Tuition assistance for getting an advanced engineering degree or MBA.

6 week paid sabbatical after 7 years of tenure.
    Great Place To Work program has tickets to a lot of events for free or at a deeply discounted cost. Great for a night out with your friends and family.
    Passport Dining discounts.

Cons

The company may be too large for some. I found myself lost in the sheer amount of teams and people. It seemed whenever I wanted to get something done, I would have to talk to at least 2-3 people to get the go-ahead.

The scope of your position will be narrow. I found myself pigeon-holed into the position I was hired for (I love doing it but didn't get to branch out). I tried to step out of my narrow field of work a few times to explore my passions, but found that other's felt that I was stepping on their toes and did not appreciate the help I was providing.

I also found the office politics too much for my liking.

Advice to Management

Sticking behind your decisions is a sign of strong management, but at a checkpoint, when things aren't turning out as they are supposed to, please re-evaluate your decisions and be agile enough to come up with a plan B.

2. "learning experience"

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time

Pros

Good team work,cutting opportunity to work on edge technology ,get to learn a lot

Cons

deadlines can be unrealistic which makes the job sometimes stressful and un-enjoyable