Intel Corporation - Intel Not Inside Enough | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

"Intel Not Inside Enough"

Current Employee - Lab Manager in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Lab Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Big established company with cache within the industry. Established culture eases entry into position. Generally easy to get along with most co-workers and immediate supervisory levels. Recent perks include free drip coffees, teas, and fountain drinks. Bonus plans involve entire company, meaning that we improve as an entity and "under-performing" groups do not necessarily get slammed in the bonus process. Medical benefits options are plentiful, with several choices that one could choose based on needs and cost. Profit-sharing tends to take a bath when the stock slides, but the 401k setups generally involve funds that are well-managed. Good people work here...

Cons

Pay generally somewhat less than "industry standard", sometimes as much as 20%; medical costs increasing even when company contribution decreases due to overall decrease in benefit cost; extremeny tight-lipped concerning major job-affecting events, to the detriment of the general worker population, even to the point that the board has been concerned; At times it becomes difficult to procure what's needed in order to perform job duties (this is department- and group-dependent) due to some in middle management being more concerned about minimizing costs at a bottom-line level as opposed to suspending or eliminating "nice - to - have" tools, equipment and services...

Advice to Management

Let your people know what's going on!!

Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation

1. "Intel - a great place to work, even if for only average pay"

Former Employee - Materials Manager in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Materials Manager in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Intel was great with work/life balance. In such a big company this probably depends on your department, but in Materials it was excellent.

I also liked the fact that there was a true "open door" policy where a person could talk to a manager several levels above them without negative backlash. In my current company if I were to do this my manager would not be happy, but at Intel I was encouraged to set up meetings with my manager's manager.

Intel offers 2 months off with pay every 7 years to all FT employees. This is not a benefit you can cash in on very often but it is a fantastic benefit when it comes due!

Cons

I felt like the pay was only average. When I started looking at other jobs I felt like I could do better by going outside Intel than by staying. In the end I left the company and got more than a 20% pay increase.

Advice to Management

I felt like Senior Management did a very good job. As with any big company there are poor managers and excellent managers.

2. "Good but not great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Challenging work. Great people to work with. Good pay and benefits (especially sabbatical)

Cons

Work can become your life. There always seems to be cost cutting.

Advice to Management

Give decision-making back to your employees. Try to think outside the "pc" box. You need to break up the company.