KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

One bad apple (NSG group) should not spoil the whole bunch (Intel)

Dec 7, 2015 - Web Developer (PHP/MySQL) in Folsom, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large corporation with lots of growth opportunities for FTEs. Contractors will not benefit from any of the Intel perks. Flexible hours. The newer, remodeled areas offer a modern and comfortable work environment.

Cons

Contractors are not treated very well. Perhaps this is where the bad apple got tossed in: NSG Group (Non-Volatile Solutions Group). A very impersonal environment. I was never introduced to the team, even after several months of being there. Extremely standoffish. Tech believe it or not is very poor and outdated. Think printf('This is my code %s', $var); PHP code from 1998. Additionally staff didn't even know what a VIEW was for MySQL. The Scrum/Agile process was also not correct. Never have I ever groomed a backlog in the Daily Stand Up meeting. The DSU mtg also did not follow the traditional What did you do yesterday, what did you today and do you have any blockers? Every DSU included going over every task you were assigned in Jira. Spikes were added daily and .... well you get the idea.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Organizaion

Aug 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The onboarding and training was incredibly thoughtful and detailed. Each step was communicated to me and I felt involved in how I was trained.

Cons

Something they already know, the consistent use of acronyms, but they are more than willing to give the detailed information when asked.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Takes Care of Their People

Aug 11, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unbelievable support from colleagues. Resources galore and everyone truly does adhere to the One Intel mentality. Compensation is outstanding.

Cons

New hire training is non existent.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Intel Corporation.

Intel Corporation Photos